Hi. I'm Jon Kuperman.
I work at Adobe building things for the Creative Cloud.
Recent Blog Posts
- Outages and blame culture
- Managing Immutable State with Object Spread
- Compiled vs. Interpreted Languages
- Numbering a list with CSS!
- Eleventy has me feeling more connected with my website
More posts can be found on my blog.
- The Lesson to Unlearn - An article from Paul Graham on the dark side of college grading and testing, and how to unlearn the importance of them.
- AI Dungeon 2 - An incredible take on a classic MUD text adventure that uses AI to create an infinitely vast story.
- The Architect of Modern Algorithms - Turing award winner Barbara Liskov talks about life in the early days of Computer Science.
Books I'm reading
- Makers - Corey Doctorow novel about a venture capitalist who buys Kodak and Duracell for their distribution. He then begins investing in strange, ingenuitive startups that may change the world!
- Lock In - John Scalzi sci-fi novel. The world has been rocked by a disease leaving a one percent of the population suffering 'lock in' rendering them completely catatonic. This leads to advancements in technology where these people can project their consciousness into robotic suits.
- Language Implementation Patterns - Supposedly a gentler first step compared to the Dragon Book. This book teaches you all the key skills needed to build your own computer language.
- Crafting Interpreters - Incredible and free book by Bob Nystrom (who works on the Dart langauge at Google) on how to create programming languages